Upon entering main street in the Magic Kingdom, almost behind the fire station on the left, by the character entrance exit, stands a tiny secret: The Harmony Barber Shop.
Not only does the storefront look like a 1900’s barber shop, but it is one. It is a functioning barber shop with state licensed cosmetologists. They will give quick haircuts to adults and offer an array of services that make toddler haircuts a breeze – literally (they give out toy fans and other fun gadgets to distract young ones while their little heads get molded and trimmed.
The Harmony Barbershop provides haircuts for any age, but specializes in first haircuts. The cost for a standard haircut is $15 (child 12 and under) or $19 (adult), while the first haircut package is $19. Its hours are typically 9 a.m.to 5 p.m., you should definitely call Disney Guest Services and make an appointment. You may be able to stop in and make an appointment the day of your visit because walk-ins are welcomed, but there is no guarantee that you will be able to obtain a time.
- f you want to make an advance reservation, call 407-939-7529 for an appointment
- If you do make an advance appointment, there is a $10 fee for a no-show or if you cancel within a day of your appointment.
- Water may be sprayed on the hair during a haircut, but there is no shampooing, so make sure that the hair is clean.
- The barbershop is not spacious – only three chairs, but there is a window seat for those that are watching the haircuts or waiting for their own.
- Be aware that tips to the barber can only be given in cash.
- You can pay with your magic bands.
We highly recommend making an appointment around the 3pm parade – so that you are guaranteed a good spot by the Barber Shop door.
The “my first haircut” does not require proof that it is in fact a first haircut – and it comes complete with a certificate, a lock of your little one’s hair, and pixie dust! We get it every time. Click here for a menu of services, posted on Disney site.